For the 2022 Season birth years for 10U are 2012 and 2013
The 10U season is set up as follows:
- 10U players typically play games twice a week throughout the season.
- Game days have yet to be determined for the 2022 10U season.
- 10U teams can expect to practice each week as well.
- Most 10U teams participate in tournaments throughout the season, tournament participation is determined by each team.
- The 10U season ends at the end of June, with the possibility of tournaments and Provincial competition into the beginning of July.
- 10U (Novice) players require full gear.
Registration opens January 10th, 2022
10U is a non-parity age group (like-skilled groupings, called Development 1, 2 & 3). Teams within each Development division are parity.
The 10U program follows the guidelines as set forth by the Canadian Lacrosse Association Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) Plan.
- Regular box rules apply
- Fall back rule
- The fall back rule applies when to the goaltender is in possession of the ball. All defensive players must enter the neutral zone. Once all the defensive players are in their neutral zone, they are free to go wherever they want. The goalie must pass the ball to one of the offensive players who must be outside of the 24 foot dotted line
- Play with the 30-second clock