2017 Age Group Coordinator = Sheryl Bates
Peewee is for those kids born in 2005 and 2006
Pee Wee is divided into three divisions (A, B and C). Those wishing to play on the A team (most advanced) must register for the A tryout sessions which occur the weekends of Feb 24-26 and March 3-5 of 2017. Registration for the A sessions is done within the regular registration process as a separate product at a cost of $25 which pays for the floor times and other costs associated with the process. The A team will be selected solely based on the A Tryouts.
We encourage all kids who want to be considered for the A team to tryout. Any who do not make the A team, will be notified and will attend the regular B/C evaluations which will occur March 10-22, 2017.
Teams will be formed following the last evaluation session.
Once evaluations are complete the kids will be divided into teams of approximately 15-17 players.
The CDLA adopted a new tiering model for the 2016 season.
We have 7 teams for the 2017. Under the new tiering structure for 7 teams we have
1 A Teams (formed from the A Tryouts)
3 B Teams
3 C Teams
Kids should be dressed in their full Lacrosse gear. For complete details on the equipment required you can visit the Calgary District Lacrosse Association website.
The Sabrecats do not take Friend Requests at the Peewee level when making teams. Teams are based on player evaluation rankings in an effort to create parity teams at each tiered level.
Please email Jamie Kaufman at email@example.com if you are interested in coaching or assistant coaching.
The Sabrecats are always looking for parents who are interested in volunteering to coach their kids teams. This can be a truly rewarding and fun experience for you and your child. Learn more about the Lacrosse coaching program.
Novice and PeeWee coaches (which includes head coach and assistant coaches – anyone on the bench) need to be trained at the Community Development level.
In order to be trained at this level you must do the following: (Note all costs for the coaching course are paid for by the Sabrecats. Simply cc firstname.lastname@example.org when you complete the below email).
Email email@example.com with:
- your name, home address including postal code
- division you are coaching
- course name, date and location you plan on attending (see list of courses below)
- club you are with
- list current Lacrosse NCCP certification level you hold – if none, please state “none”
- You will be sent a course code/access id and further instructions
- You must then login to the Canadian Lacrosse Association NCCP website system
- Complete the pre-clinic assessment (this can take between 1-2 hours); this MUST be done before you attend the course
- Once your pre-clinic assessment has been completed, you must also register online for the course via your NCCP account
- Attend the required course, be sure you complete the attendance sheet at the clinic
- Complete your coach workbook online through your NCCP account.
- Minimum age to Coach is 16
- Please keep a record of your NCCP system login id and password as CDLA does not have access to this information
- Your Coach certification status is available through your nccp.lacrosse.ca account in the Status tab.
- Skipping any steps 1 through 7 will only hinder your progress in certification
Novice and PeeWee Coach Courses (Community Development) – One day clinic
The One Day course is all that is required for Novice and PeeWee to get on the bench in the first year. Prior to March 31st of the following year you must also complete an online workbook and have it marked to satisfaction in order to be considered “Trained” as opposed to “In Training”. (We also encourage our coaches to get ahead of the certification levels as you are only allowed to pass one course per year).