Parent Code of Conduct
- Demonstrate sportsmanship by setting a good example.
- Show team/player support and use appropriate aged language.
- Respect the judgement of coaches and officials.
(Sabrecats reserve the right to place additional penalties above the CDLA disciplinary committee)
Quick information for parents that may be new to lacrosse:
The Calgary District Lacrosse Association has been organizing minor box lacrosse in Calgary and the surrounding area for over 30 years. The association consists of over 8 clubs with over 190 teams of players aged 4 to 16 years old. Registrants are required to register with the club that their residence falls within. Below are the Sabrecats boundaries:
North: Bow River/16th Avenue
West: Hwy 22(Cowboy Trail)
South: Hwy 22(Cowboy Trail)/Township Road 222/210 Avenue SE
East: Macleod Trail SE/1st street SE/Centre Street
- Registration opens on January 1 and extends the first week in March.
- Lacrosse is played at many city wide facilities. Each year facilities change due to arena maintenance or competing spring events. Each club has certain home facilities. Sabrecats operate home games/practices from Oakridge, Southland, and Stu Peppard. Acadia Rec Centre, George Blundin Arena and South Fish Creek facilities.
- Set game/practice times of the week are not easily determined as facilities reservations change. The best is to look at last years schedule to get familar with the days played on. Consistency is strived for but sometimes unavoidable.
- Lacrosse is a 12 game season + (7-9 practices) from the last week of April to mid June.
- Lacrosse age categories followed in the Calgary District Lacrosse area are indicated below. The birthyear of the season less the birthyear of the player determines the age category.
Category of Player Age of Players League Mini Tyke(Mixed) 6 and Under House games Tyke (Mixed) 7-8 yrs old House & Club games Novice (Boys/Girls) 9-10 yrs old Club “B” games PeeWee (Boys/Girls) 11-12 yrs old Competitive A & Club B,C games Bantam (Boys/Girls) 13-14 yrs old Competitive A & Club B,C games Midget (Boys/Girls) 15-16 yrs old Competitive A & Club B,C games Junior (Boys/Girls) Not offered in 2017
- Skill level will vary. Teams are usually balanced to encourage skill development in the “house” teams. Higher ages (Peewee and above) have competitive A groups with also B and C groups who compete against other similar city clubs teams.
- Note: Registration is based on year of birth and not your child’s age of at time of registration.