2018 Age Group Coordinator – Nicole Sadinsky
Bantam is for those players born in 2004-2005.
Sabrecats had 2 Bantam Girls teams for the 2017 season.
2018 Player fees $435
Register by February 28, 2018 to avoid late registration fee of $100.
Evaluations are scheduled as follows:
Sunday, March 4 – 10:00-11:00 am @ Crescent Point Field House, Blue Floor
Saturday, March 10 – 2:15-3:15 pm @ Calgary South Soccer Centre, Beta Floor
Sunday, March 11 – 1:15-2:15 pm @ Calgary South Soccer Centre, Beta Floor
Kids should be dressed in their full Lacrosse gear. For complete details on the equipment required you can visit the Calgary District Lacrosse Association website.
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in coaching or assistant coaching.
The Sabrecats are always looking for parents who are interested in volunteering to coach their kids teams. This can be a truly rewarding and fun experience for you and your child. Learn more about the Lacrosse coaching program.
Bantam and Midget coaches (which includes head coach and assistant coaches – anyone on the bench) need to be trained at the Competitive Introduction level.
In order to be trained at this level you must do the following: (Note all costs for the coaching course are paid for by the Sabrecats. Please cc firstname.lastname@example.org when you complete the below email).
Email email@example.com with:
- your name, home address including postal code
- division you are coaching
- course name, date and location you plan on attending (see list of courses below)
- club you are with
- list current Lacrosse NCCP certification level you hold – if none, please state “none”
- You will be sent a course code/access id and further instructions
- You must then login to the Canadian Lacrosse Association NCCP website system
- Complete the pre-clinic assessment (this can take between 1-2 hours); this MUST be done before you attend the course
- Once your pre-clinic assessment has been completed, you must also register online for the course via your NCCP account
- Attend the required course, be sure you complete the attendance sheet at the clinic
- Complete your coach workbook online through your NCCP account.
- Minimum age to Coach is 16
- Please keep a record of your NCCP system login id and password as CDLA does not have access to this information
- Your Coach certification status is available through your nccp.lacrosse.ca account in the Status tab.
- Skipping any steps 1 through 7 will only hinder your progress in certification
Bantam and Midget Coach Courses (Competitive Introduction) – 2 day clinics – you must attend both days
The Two Day course + Community Development “Trained” status (requirement for Novice and PeeWee is prerequisite) is all that is required for Bantam and Midget to get on the bench in the first year. Prior to March 31st of the following year you must also complete an online workbook and have it marked to satisfaction in order to be considered “Trained” as opposed to “In Training”. (We also encourage our coaches to get ahead of the certification levels as you are only allowed to pass one course per year).
In general, most teams are made up of approximately 50% new players at Bantam girls, so it is never too late to join.
Girls Lacrosse Rules: (Updated November 2017)
Effective November 2017, the Girl’s Lacrosse program will run the same rules of play as the Boy’s program.
Rules of play can be found on the Canadian Lacrosse Association website – see page 16 for Bantam specific: