2018 Bantam Age Group Coordinator – James Bell
Bantam is for kids born in 2004-2005
2018 Player fees $435
Registration for A division tryouts closes Monday, February 19, 2018.
Register by February 28, 2018 to avoid late registration fee of $100.
Bantam is divided into three divisions (A, B and C). Those wishing to play on the A team (most advanced) must register for the A tryout sessions. Registration for the A tryout sessions is done within the regular registration process as a separate product at a cost of $50 which pays for the floor times and other costs associated with the process. The A team will be selected solely based on the A Tryouts.
A team evaluation dates:
Saturday, February 24 – 4:45-6:45 pm
Sunday, February 25 – 10:00-11:30 am
Friday, March 2 – 6:30-8:30 pm
Saturday, March 3 – 6:45-7:45 pm
All the A evaluations will be held at the Crescent Point Field House, Red Floor.
We encourage all kids who want to be considered for the A team to tryout. Any who do not make the A team will be notified and will attend the regular B/C evaluations.
B/C evaluation dates (you’ll be notified which sessions you are to attend):
Friday, March 9 – 5:15-7:15 pm @ Calgary South Soccer Centre, Beta Floor
Friday, March 9 – 7:15-9:15 pm @ Calgary South Soccer Centre, Beta Floor
Sunday, March 11 – 11:30-1:00 pm @ Calgary South Soccer Centre, Alpha Floor
Sunday, March 11 – 11:45-1:15 pm @ Calgary South Soccer Centre, Beta Floor
Monday, March 12 – 8:00-9:00 pm @ Calgary South Soccer Centre, Delta Floor
Monday, March 12 – 9:00-10:00 pm @ Calgary South Soccer Centre, Delta Floor
Thursday, March 15 – 5:00-6:00 pm @ Calgary South Soccer Centre, Charlie Floor
Thursday, March 15 – 6:00-7:00 pm @ Calgary South Soccer Centre, Charlie Floor
Teams will be formed following the last evaluation session.
Once evaluations are complete the kids will be divided into teams of approximately 16-18 players.
The CDLA adopted a new tiering model for the 2016 season.
We had 5 teams for the 2017 season. Under the tiering structure for the 5 teams we had were as follows:
1 A Team (formed from the A Tryouts)
2 B Teams
2 C Teams
Kids should be dressed in their full Lacrosse gear. For complete details on the equipment required you can visit the Calgary District Lacrosse Association website.
The Sabrecats do not take Friend Requests at the Bantam level when making teams. Teams are based on player evaluation rankings in an effort to create parity teams at each tiered level.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in coaching or assistant coaching.
The Sabrecats are always looking for parents who are interested in volunteering to coach their kids teams. This can be a truly rewarding and fun experience for you and your child. Learn more about the Lacrosse coaching program.
Bantam and Midget coaches (which includes head coach and assistant coaches – anyone on the bench) need to be trained at the Competitive Introduction level.
In order to be trained at this level you must do the following: (Note all costs for the coaching course are paid for by the Sabrecats. Please cc email@example.com when you complete the below email).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your name, home address including postal code
- division you are coaching
- course name, date and location you plan on attending (see list of courses below)
- club you are with
- list current Lacrosse NCCP certification level you hold – if none, please state “none”
- You will be sent a course code/access id and further instructions
- You must then login to the Canadian Lacrosse Association NCCP website system
- Complete the pre-clinic assessment (this can take between 1-2 hours); this MUST be done before you attend the course
- Once your pre-clinic assessment has been completed, you must also register online for the course via your NCCP account
- Attend the required course, be sure you complete the attendance sheet at the clinic
- Complete your coach workbook online through your NCCP account.
- Minimum age to Coach is 16
- Please keep a record of your NCCP system login id and password as CDLA does not have access to this information
- Your Coach certification status is available through your nccp.lacrosse.ca account in the Status tab.
- Skipping any steps 1 through 7 will only hinder your progress in certification
Bantam and Midget Coach Courses (Competitive Introduction) – 2 day clinics – you must attend both days
The Two Day course + Community Development “Trained” status (requirement for Novice and PeeWee is prerequisite) is all that is required for Bantam and Midget to get on the bench in the first year. Prior to March 31st of the following year you must also complete an online workbook and have it marked to satisfaction in order to be considered “Trained” as opposed to “In Training”. (We also encourage our coaches to get ahead of the certification levels as you are only allowed to pass one course per year).
All divisions play in a league and league statistics are kept to determine playoff positions. Playoffs are played to determine city champions.
All divisions play a 12 game regular season. Depending on the number of teams in a division a portion are qualified for playoffs.