2018 Novice Age Group Coordinator – Michelle Newell
Novice is for players born in 2008-2009
2018 Player fees $360
Register by February 28 to avoid late registration fee of $100
Evaluations are scheduled as follows (you’ll be notified which sessions you are to attend):
Saturday, March 3 – 2:45-4:15 pm @ Crescent Point Field House, Red Floor
Saturday, March 3 – 4:15-5:45 pm @ Crescent Point Field House, Red Floor
Saturday, March 10 – 9:00-10:30 am @ Calgary South Soccer Centre, Alpha Floor
Saturday, March 10 – 9:15-10:45 am @ Calgary South Soccer Centre, Beta Floor
Sunday, March 11 – 9:00-10:00 am @ Calgary South Soccer Centre, Alpha Floor
Sunday, March 11 – 9:15-10:15 am @ Calgary South Soccer Centre, Beta Floor
Monday, March 12 – 6:00-7:00 pm @ Calgary South Soccer Centre, Delta Floor
Monday, March 12 – 7:00-8:00 pm @ Calgary South Soccer Centre, Delta Floor
Kids should be dressed in their full Lacrosse gear. For complete details on the equipment required you can visit the Calgary District Lacrosse Association website.
The Sabrecats do not take Friend Requests at the Novice level when making teams. Teams are based on Evaluation Ranking in an effort to create Parity Teams within “Like-skilled” groupings.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in coaching or assistant coaching.
The Sabrecats are always looking for parents who are interested in volunteering to coach their kids teams. This can be a truly rewarding and fun experience for you and your child. Learn more about the Lacrosse coaching program.
Novice and PeeWee coaches (which includes head coach and assistant coaches – anyone on the bench) need to be trained at the Community Development level.
In order to be trained at this level you must do the following: (Note all costs for the coaching course are paid for by the Sabrecats. Please cc email@example.com when you complete the below email).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your name, home address including postal code
- division you are coaching
- course name, date and location you plan on attending (see list of courses below)
- club you are with
- list current Lacrosse NCCP certification level you hold – if none, please state “none”
- You will be sent a course code/access id and further instructions
- You must then login to the Canadian Lacrosse Association NCCP website system
- Complete the pre-clinic assessment (this can take between 1-2 hours); this MUST be done before you attend the course
- Once your pre-clinic assessment has been completed, you must also register online for the course via your NCCP account
- Attend the required course, be sure you complete the attendance sheet at the clinic
- Complete your coach workbook online through your NCCP account.
- Minimum age to Coach is 16
- Please keep a record of your NCCP system login id and password as CDLA does not have access to this information
- Your Coach certification status is available through your nccp.lacrosse.ca account in the Status tab.
- Skipping any steps 1 through 7 will only hinder your progress in certification
Novice and PeeWee Coach Courses (Community Development) – 1 day clinic
The One Day course is all that is required for Novice and PeeWee to get on the bench in the first year. Prior to March 31st of the following year you must also complete an online workbook and have it marked to satisfaction in order to be considered “Trained” as opposed to “In Training”. (We also encourage our coaches to get ahead of the certification levels as you are only allowed to pass one course per year).
In Novice (PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE RULE CHANGES FOR THE 2017 SEASON)
- Regular box rules apply
- Fall back rule: The fall back rule applies when to the goaltender is in possession of the ball. All defensive players must enter the neutral zone. Once all the defensive players are in their neutral zone, they are free to go wherever they want. The goalie must pass the ball to one of the offensive players who must be outside of the 24 foot dotted line.
- Play with the 30-second clock