Parent Code of Conduct
- Demonstrate sportsmanship by setting a good example.
- Show team/player support and use appropriate aged language.
- Respect the judgement of coaches and officials.
(Sabrecats reserve the right to place additional penalties above the CDLA disciplinary committee)
Quick information for parents that may be new to lacrosse:
The Calgary District Lacrosse Association has been organizing minor box lacrosse in Calgary and the surrounding area for over 30 years. The association consists of over 8 clubs with over 190 teams of players aged 4 to 16 years old. Registrants are required to register with the club that their residence falls within. Below are the Sabrecats boundaries:
North: Bow River/16th Avenue
West: Hwy 22(Cowboy Trail)
South: Hwy 22(Cowboy Trail)/Township Road 222/210 Avenue SE
East: Macleod Trail SE/1st street SE/Centre Street
Details can be found on the CDLA website – click here.
- Registration opens on January 1 and extends the first week in March. Updated withdrawal and refund policy outlined below.
- Lacrosse is played at many city wide facilities. Each year facilities change due to arena maintenance or competing spring events. Each club has certain home facilities. Sabrecats operate home games/practices from Oakridge, Southland, and Stu Peppard. Acadia Rec Centre, George Blundin Arena and South Fish Creek facilities.
- Set game/practice times of the week are not easily determined as facilities reservations change. The best is to look at last years schedule to get familar with the days played on. Consistency is strived for but sometimes unavoidable.
- Lacrosse is a 12 game season + (7-9 practices) from the last week of April to mid June.
- Lacrosse age categories followed in the Calgary District Lacrosse area are indicated below. The birthyear of the season less the birthyear of the player determines the age category.
Category of Player Age of Players League Mini Tyke(Mixed) 6 and Under House games Tyke (Mixed) 7-8 yrs old House & Club games Novice (Boys/Girls) 9-10 yrs old Club “B” games PeeWee (Boys/Girls) 11-12 yrs old Competitive A & Club B,C games Bantam (Boys/Girls) 13-14 yrs old Competitive A & Club B,C games Midget (Boys/Girls) 15-16 yrs old Competitive A & Club B,C games Junior (Boys/Girls) 17-21 yrs old RMLL Junior B Tier 2
- Skill level will vary. Teams are usually balanced to encourage skill development in the “house” teams. Higher ages (Peewee and above) have competitive A groups with also B and C groups who compete against other similar city clubs teams.
- Note: Registration is based on year of birth and not your child’s age of at time of registration.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy – Updated for 2018 Season
Full refunds, less a $75 Administrative fee, will be issued for any Member choosing to withdraw up to one day prior to your Age Category Evaluation start date. Date of withdrawal will be the time and date stamp on the email sent to the Executive Director requesting the withdrawal.
Once your Age Group Evaluations have begun, the following withdrawal fees for member refunds will apply:
- Withdrawal during Evaluations: 50% withdrawal fee will be charged in addition to the $75 Administrative fee.
- Withdrawal any time after the last date of your age group evaluation: 100% non-refundable.
- Withdrawal due to injury: will be prorated based on date of withdrawal in addition to the $75 Administrative fee
For A team try-outs:
Withdrawal during A try-out: 100% non-refundable.
- Withdrawal any time after the last date of A tryouts from age group evaluations: 100% non-refundable A tryout fee as well as Age Group Registration fees
- Withdrawal due to injury: will be prorated based on date of withdrawal
Credit card refunds are completed within 72 hours; from the date the Executive Director receives the withdrawal notice.
A cheque refund will completed after notification that the cheque payment has cleared. The refund cheques are processed at the end of each month.
If a refund cheque is required, the cheque will only be made payable to the person identified on the account as having made the original payment, unless the notes indicate that the payment was provided by someone different.