For the 2023 Season birth years for U11 are 2013 and 2014
The U11 season is set up as follows:
- U11 players typically play games twice a week throughout the season.
- Game days have yet to be determined for the 2023 U11 season.
- U11 teams can expect to practice each week as well.
- Most U11 teams participate in tournaments throughout the season, tournament participation is determined by each team.
- The U11 season ends at the beginning of July with the completion of playoffs, with the possibility of Provincial competition into the middle of July.
- U11 players require full gear.
Registration opens January 1st, 2023
U11 is a non-parity age group (like-skilled groupings, called Development 1, 2 & 3). Teams within each Development division are parity.
The U11 program follows the guidelines as set forth by the Canadian Lacrosse Association Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) Plan.
- Regular box rules apply
- Fall back rule
- The fall back rule applies when to the goaltender is in possession of the ball. All defensive players must enter the neutral zone. Once all the defensive players are in their neutral zone, they are free to go wherever they want. The goalie must pass the ball to one of the offensive players who must be outside of the 24 foot dotted line
- Play with the 30-second clock